Sunday, May 30, 2010

"ALL ABOARD"

Next stop Naperville

One of Lola's favorite things to do while she visits Gramma & Grumpa is to head down to the train station and watch the trains go by. Turns out yesterday was a big day for her as she got to actually get on a train for the first time! This was SO EXCITING! The conductor gave her a special first time rider ticket which will go directly into the baby book with the above photo. She rode all the way from Downers Grove to Naperville (about 10 minutes tops) where her Daddy & Grumpa picked her up at the train station.



BTW - I did not see Evan Lysacek while visiting Naperville. dang it!

6 comments:

Marmie said...

My first train ride was at the Iron Horse Festival in Logansport, IN. I was in my late 30's?

Jen and Justin said...

she looks like she's 12 here i swear!

Lola's Grandma said...

That trip was a lot more exciting than the one I take on a daily basis to get to work:)
Next time Lola comes to DG, maybe she can take the train from Cincinnati to Chicago. I think I only takes 13 hours or so.....

Emma said...

I Love it.

Maureen said...

So good to see you guys this weekend....I could have stayed all day if it weren't for our plans! Lola can ride the train downtown with me for work...now that she is a pro!!!

Julie said...

What a sweet picture of her! We loved the video too!