Friday, April 23, 2010

the olds (and Max) babysit


Unfortunately due to a death in the family Lola and I traveled back to Illinois early this week. I decided not to take Lola to the funeral for a couple of reasons: 1. She is only two and I wasn't sure how to handle that and 2. the only thing she knows about death is that it happened to Michael Jackson and I couldn't be positive that she wouldn't bring that up at the most inappropriate time.
While I attended my Uncle Dave's funeral and spent time with my family Lola spent the day entertaining her Great Grandparents. I'm pretty sure my Grandma let her do whatever she wanted including all but not limited to the following:
* eat an endless supply of chocolate cupcakes
* wear her clip-on Santa earrings
* turn the tv room into a tea party room
* eat an endless supply of suckers
* put the dog on his leash and walk him around the house (poor Max, what a trooper)
* climb all over Grandpa while he was trying to watch TV
* blow bubbles in her milk
* eat an endless supply of cookies

Thank you for helping Grandma & Grandpa! We love you! xoxo

3 comments:

Lola's gigi said...

I'm sure Grandpa and Max are recuperating just fine and grandma is restocking the candy/cookie supply

Emma said...

I Love it.

ooma said...

seems like i missed quite a bit while i was gone. first, let me say i'm sorry for your loss. second, she is the cutest ever ;) lots of love (hugs and kisses for everyone)