Sunday, August 23, 2009

Little Miss Big Girl

I hope I'm not about to jinx myself but this whole potty training thing has been so easy. I assume because 1. Lola is a girl and they say girls are easy to potty train and 2. she strives to be as independent as possible and by using the potty she is one step closer to her goal of total independence.
Last week was her first week at school without diapers and she did excellent, no accidents at school! She is still wearing a diaper at bed time and nap time however today we let her take a nap without a diaper on and she woke up after an hour & half yelling "I need to go potty!"
Not only are we so proud of Lola for all of her efforts to be a big girl, she is also proud of us for using the bathroom and she's sure to let us know upon exiting the bathroom, "I'm so proud of you Mommy" "Thanks Lola, now where are my M&M's?"

5 comments:

Lola's gigi said...

Good going Lola!!

ooma said...

what a big girl miss lola - good job!! girls are definitely easier - i'm not even going to say how old your husband was - it's not pretty ;) - LOVE to all!!!

Auntie Moe said...

Way to go!!!! Keep it up...maybe mom will buy you a pony with all that diaper money she is saving!!!

Marmie said...

Girls are a breeze. Course, I only have Angela to go by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

Yeah, Lola! Celia might not be too happy about you being a big girl though ... she likes to think of you as the baby!