Sunday, February 1, 2009

A, B, C, B, C, B, C

Lola has been working hard on her alphabet, numbers and colors. She hasn't completely mastered any of them yet but gives it a good try. We work with her on her letters by using flash cards, letters in the tub and her Leap Frog magnetic letter thing for the fridge. Sometimes she's totally on and gets about half of the letters right and the next day she gets about 5 right - what's that all about? We may have some more work to do with our ABC tutorials but what we don't have to worry about is her musical talent. This kid has the Rhythm of the Night (shout out to El DeBarge circa 1985). Check her out as she does her own thing and sings the alphabet song her way, the awesome way.




On a final note, I got to meet Lydia last night and she is a sweet girl! I think she looks so much like newborn Rowan.


P.S. I used to love El DeBarge, he's in the clinker now. I bet Janet Jackson is glad she let him go.

7 comments:

Lola's gigi said...

Lydia is cute...I think she looks like Rowan too

Katie said...

I like Lola's version better.

Anonymous said...

STOP teaching Lola so much. She will learn her ABCs like my kids did....in kindergarten when they are supposed to! You are making us underachievers look bad!

Jeff said...

It's like a funky sample of that Jackson Five tune.

The Daily Squink said...

Good job, Lola! Rowan does not want to sing his ABCs AT ALL - please teach him at school when you get a chance.

Emilee, that is a fantastic photo of Lola at the top – she looks beautiful. And I like that her bow matches the stripes in her top.

Marmie said...

I love the top photo also, she looks older than she is though. The cute bows you gave Lydia must be a miniature version. What is that furry thing on the bed. When zoomed in it looked like a cat?

Unknown said...

You're right Marmie, that's Gabbi! That's the couch back there, when company isn't over I have blankets draped everywhere to minimize the crazy amounts of animal fur on the couch.
And I do have to agree that Lola is looking pretty cute in that photo. Thanks!