Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lola gets a kitten

We picked up a little kitty from our vet today. We're having a "trial run" to see how this kitty gets along with Lola & Bruce. So far so good. She's not sure of Lola and that could be because at their first meeting Lola decided to act like a complete lunatic by screaming (happy screaming) and stomping her feet for the kitty (who quickly found a hiding spot under the couch). Once Lola was contained in her high chair the kitty had a chance to explore. She is currently in the family room napping. She and Bruce have yet to get nose to nose but they have met and I think by tomorrow the kitty will stop hissing. Bruce is interested but isn't getting to close. I think he knows kitty has claws. I am sure they will become fast friends. Runner could care less. Whatever.

So as of right now I'd say chances are kitty is staying. Aaron wants to name her. I of course already had the name Lorelei Lee picked out but he said no. Oh an BTW when I got home today the kitten was sitting on Aaron's lap as he was playing a video game. What? Seriously. when I approached him about getting a kitten his response was as follows "do what you want, you will anyway" FINALLY he's learning!
Happy Wife = Happy Life

I'll take your name suggestions in the comments section. If we pick your name you'll get a prize but I don't know what it will be. OK, we'll take name suggestions and prize suggestions. Keep in mind that I prefer people names for pets. (He also nixed Nancy Drew Kitty so don't suggest that)



14 comments:

Lola's Grandma said...

super cute kitty. I can't wait to meet her. Estelle, Scarlet, Fauna and Chauncey send their love.

Athena
Aretha
Charlotte
Keelie ( promounce key lee)

My suggestions.

Julie said...

I have a theme for my name suggestions ... what else, but the Patty Duke Show!
Patty or Cathy ... the twin cousin names
Suzette ... Cathy adores crepes Suzette
Natalie ... Patty's mother
BTW, did you remember their last name was Lane? I didn't! I guess there's another suggestion ... Laney!

Mel said...

Super cute...we adopted a little kitty too named him Gizmo....how about Paris :) Cali :) or Diva???? Just playing along:)

The Daily Squink said...

How about Whiskers or Patches?

Just kidding.

Steve Stenzel said...

CUTE photos!!!

Katie said...

If Angela decides not to use my suggestion and name her baby Encyclopedia Brown, feel free to take that suggestion!

Lola's gigi said...

I like the "Paris" suggestion...
Where is the kitty sleeping??

Anonymous said...

cute cute kitty -- Emma thinks
Blue
Pink
Purple
would be super kitty names.

Jeff said...

Jubjub
Varmit
Scratches
Stinks-a-lot

Anonymous said...

i think cali would be a good name for this cute little kitty

Holli said...

What about Barbie? But Paris is pretty hot too.
Cute photos!

Lola's Grumpa said...

Very Cute,
You could name the kitty
"Calico Cat", that way it won't be confused with my two new kitties, the "Gray One", or the "Black and White One"

Mel said...

Oh Emilee it looks like my names are winning (Paris and Cali) so should I come up with my prize:) Make sure you let us know what you go with!!!!

Jackie said...

My names are:
Perez
Britney
Madonna
Olivia Newton John
Angelina
Lopez
Oh-Shelia
Darling-Nikki
Janet (if you're nasty)