Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Welcome Loretta & Mo

Here we are officially welcoming Loretta & Mo to the family by posting their photo on the blog! They seem to be happy little fish and like their aquarium. Ian picked out the cool stones & awesome fake plants. It's a colorful world for our new little buddies. Lola loves them and is so excited to wave good morning to them, she even blows them kisses regularly. Mo was originally a trio but unfortunately Larry & Curly didn't make it through the first night home. You see, they were carnie fish so they had a rough start at life. We got them at the Lion's Club festival this past weekend. I won Larry & Curly and Angela won Mo (I like to call him the survivor). I took Ian out to the Pet Store the next day and it was there we bought Loretta, our replacement fish. Loretta is no carnie fish as she cost us a whole dollar and 99 cents!
We had a nice time at the festival saving goldfish & eating festival food that smells great from a mile away. I'm going to send a letter to Yankee requesting that they make a festival scented candle (not one that smells like those smoky WT carnies silly.... a candle that smells like corn dogs and funnel cakes)


Above: Lola and Rowan relaxing and letting their tummies settle after attending the festival. You would think these chairs were made especially for them. Oh yeah, they were! Thank you Grumpa, as you can see the kids do enjoy them! Rowan especially looks to be kicking back high class style.

7 comments:

The Daily Squink said...

Is the name of your pet store Pet Store?

I'm glad to know that my ugly "bronze fish" is doing so well. I guess you shouldn't been so choosy about your fish color! But I'm sure that your new fantail will do great in her new home. She's very pretty!

Unknown said...

Pet Smart
Should I edit that?

nah

Lola's gigi said...

I don't think I've ever seen a bronze gold fish. Do you think he was exposed to something during his time as a carnie fish?

Katie said...

Steve Kennedy has a comment about your Twitter..."Ryan would...I can't believe...wait, this is stupid."

Jeff said...

That Loretta is a $1.99 worth of sexy.

Lola's Grumpa said...

I LOOK AT THE SHOES THAT THOSE TWO KIDS ARE WEARING IN THE ORANGE CHAIRS PICTURE, AND IT MADE ME THINK THAT I DIDN'T RUIN MY FEET UNTIL I WAS NINETEEN OR TWENTY

DADA

Lola's Grumpa said...

I LOOK AT THE SHOES THAT THOSE TWO KIDS ARE WEARING IN THE ORANGE CHAIRS PICTURE, AND IT MADE ME THINK THAT I DIDN'T RUIN MY FEET UNTIL I WAS NINETEEN OR TWENTY

DADA