Thursday, June 5, 2008

Welcome baby Sam!


Congratulations to Joe & Melissa who welcomed their first baby yesterday morning at 8:41. Sam weighed 6 lbs 9oz and is 19.5 inches long. I got to meet Sam yesterday and I have to say... a wave of emotion came over me. I was back at the same hospital where I delivered Lola just over a year ago and it's such a comforting feeling to be visiting that hospital again. Those few days were so wonderful getting to know our baby girl before bringing her home. A year has gone by so fast and here we are with another new baby friend who in no time at all will be a year old himself.
It's true that time does fly!
Below Lola demonstrates to the new dad what he has to look forward to. She says "Check me out Lt Beck, now that I'm one I can do all sorts of things. I'm so cool!"

Even though Lola hasn't met Sam yet (she stayed in the waiting room with Katie - THANKS KATIE for entertaining Lola at the water fountain!) she has something to say about the new baby, we're just not sure what it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Joe & Melissa..I hope I get to meet Sam next month, he is so cute.
Also, I love the "Tribute to Charlie" on thier blog.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by to see Sam. He liked the company. Also thanks for taking the picture of Lola and I. I truly enjoy looking at the hand growing from my crotch.

Holli said...

OH congrats to the Becks! YEAH!!
Wow, Lola is surrounded by boyfriends!
I think Lola is saying tickle tickle tickle - LOL!
Whatever it is - she totally cracked herself up!