Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lola gets pierced ears!

Since Lola did an excellent flowergirl job she was allowed to get her ears pierced on Sunday. This is a huge big deal because she has been asking to get earrings since she could talk. Four is still a little young however we needed a good bribe and this one worked. Most of all I think it's important that SHE wanted to do this and I didn't make the decision for her when she was a baby. We prepared by watching You Tube videos of other little girls getting their ears pierced so she knew it was going to hurt. We gave her plenty time to back out however she woke up on Sunday asking when she could go get her ears pierced and by lunchtime she had earrings.

This is how it went down:

Oh that face. Poor little Lola was so sad. I think she may have been ok if the girls didn't tell her not to touch her ears. But still.... that face! aawww!!!!!
It took her a minute to get all calmed down and then she told us that it didn't hurt anymore. aaawww....



The following is a video I took later in the day.


She has had her ears pierced for 2 days now. She is excellent at remembering to clean them 3 times a day. She has slept great both nights and says it doesn't hurt to sleep with earrings (I remember that bothering me as a kid). She is getting to be so grown up!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

We have now watched the video 4 times. The kids do a full-on imitation of Lola crying at the end. I just want to hug her!

Lola's Grandma said...

i want to hug her too!

Katie said...

GO LOLA! Chloe thinks you are so cool!

I love how she was trying to be tough...AW!

Emilee said...

She is so sweet, she tried really hard not to cry. aaawwww! My little baby!

Pause and Reflect Photography said...

My heart was breaking...and I was laughing...all at the same time! Poor lil girl!

Ashley O said...

Aw, that was so sweet. I'm glad she made the decision too. I'm definitely going to have Scarlett do that too.

Jen and Justin said...

oh that vid was so sweet! she did great!