Saturday, June 20, 2009

characters are ok....

...on jammies ONLY!

Lola has discovered the Disney Princesses and she is hooked. At this point in time she wants to wear her princess jammies every night (3 in a row so far) and read her princess books. In the car she has been watching her Barbie Princess & the Pauper DVD and is constantly reminding me that "Barbie is a princess Mom"
We aren't really sure where she saw the Disney Princesses or what began this princess kick. Is this something most girls go through?

I can totally deal with the princess obsession. I like the books, movies & dolls and as long as the characters stay on jammies I'm fine with it. However I am preparing myself for the day I have to tell her no when she wants the Princess sweatshirt or the Hannah Montana t-shirt. arugh!

And in other important news:
I asked Lola tonight what her bitty baby's name is. She replied "Erica" and proceeded to feed Erica and put her to bed. Not sure if Lola has a friend at school named Erica. I will investigate.

6 comments:

The Daily Squink said...

I really don't remember going through a princess phase actually. I was so into stuffed animals, there was no room for anything else.

Lola looks so proud of her Disney princesses nightgown!

Lola's gigi said...

Disney here we come....
When should I make the reservation for lunch with the Princesses??
I can't wait!!

Auntie Moe said...

Grace still wears a "hand me down" princess nightgown (the same picture as Lola's jammies)that is a size 4/5. She is now an 8 (looks like a mini dress). She just put them on tonight. Expect to see these jammies for many years!!!!

Marmie said...

All princesses should stick together, the 3 on her shirt plus her plus Lydia!! Will make for fun slumber parties!

Unknown said...

Lydia & Lola need matching Princess jammies

The Daily Squink said...

Oh Emilee. I don't THINK so.

Just kidding! They would look so cute in matching jammies.