Thursday, March 19, 2009

Neti Pot = all expense paid vacation for my sinuses!

I've recently been introduced to the fabulous world of the Neti Pot. EVERYONE should have one! What seems to be a bizarre concept has turned out to be one of my most favorite times of the day. In one nostril out the other. From what I understand through internet research this should help reduce my sinus infections.

This technique has been around for thousands of years and I'm JUST NOW finding out about it. In the Neti Pot is a mixture of warm water and saline. My first few times I only used half of a packet of saline but today I graduated to a whole entire packet and it felt great! Immediate satisfaction and so soothing! This is ideal for everyone not just those of us who suffer regular sinus infections. My fingers are crossed that this is the miracle cure I've been looking for. Not to mention I look like a smokin hot hottie when I use neti. Aaron prefers watching me do this than watching The Girls Next Door. Oh wait, he hates that show.
Lola watches and she says "netipa".

Shout out to my Father for his suggestion.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Ryan's mom uses this! I was scared that it would feel like I was drowning, but judging from this picture, it's non-stop fun!

Josie said...

I see you've discovered the nasal douche! The only one I've ever seen is like a squeezable bottle with a nosepiece on top. Yours is way chic.

Marmie said...

Don't you have a feeling of post nasal drip or something like that? Nothing goes down your throat? I can't even stand nose spray unless I'm standing on my head. (Don't picture that!)

Lola's gigi said...

NICE.....

Anonymous said...

I just threw up...

Anonymous said...

TMI - WAY TOO MUCH

The Daily Squink said...

How do you keep it from going down your throat? jeff and I are thinking that maybe he should try it for his nose problems. Do you want to give a seminar on it?

Unknown said...

A lot of great questions everyone. You get the feel of it after one try and know how to keep it from going down your throat.
I would love to give you & Jeff a seminar. Aaron can babysit the kids while we all gather around the bathroom sink & use neti.
Go to Walgreen's, get your neti pots and come on over! If you want a fancy neti pot go on line. Once this recession is over I'm treating myself to the fanciest neti out there!

Holli said...

Denise introduced me to this - it totally worked!
I think you look way hot - like a real bitchin' babe!