Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Lola and I had a successful journey back to gloomy Ohio on Monday. She did great on the plane and was very entertained by the super cool guitar playing dude seated next to us. Lola stared at him, touched his arm a few times, asked him about the book he was reading (Guitar Weekly or something like that) and wondered about the soda he was drinking. She really seemed to like this guy seated next to us however he was quiet and I could tell that he wanted to kept to himself. The flight was just fine until Lola decided to entertain the cool dude by pulling down my shirt and shoving a cookie in my cleavage. This all happened so fast. I was very embarrassed as I leaned forward to hide myself and get my shirt back in place. Lola thought this was pretty funny and attempted the same trick several more times.
Soon after that she went #2 in her diaper. Oh no! I've never changed a diaper on the plane before... I had to kindly ask the cool dude and the woman in the aisle seat to get up so we could go to the bathroom. I'm sure they didn't mind.
Aside from that all else went well.

Aaron greeted us at baggage claim and Lola was SO HAPPY to see her Daddy! She must have said "daddy" 200 times within that first hour home. It was really sweet to see them back together. 10 days is too long for us to be away from our love.

Aaron took her up to bed that night and she insisted on sleeping with her new alligator that Santa brought. It's like a body pillow for babies. I snapped the above photo that night. Since then she has insisted on sleeping with her alligator every night.

In other news we set Lola up with her very own kitchen space by turning our front closet into her own little room. If she's not sleeping you can find her in her kitchen. I plan on eventually moving her kitchen up to her room but that won't be until I'm comfortable with her going up and down the stairs by herself. Right now we don't spend a lot of time upstairs. It's working out great!

4 comments:

The Daily Squink said...

That closet is the perfect size for her little kitchen!

Katie said...

Where is this closet? Under the stairs?

Lola's gigi said...

very cute kitchen..
is she making sushi??

Unknown said...

Yes, under the stairs.