Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas tree decorated with live cats

The holidays are here and I am SO EXCITED! I finally got the house decorated and I say finally because I was ready to decorate in July but in an effort not to annoy my neighbors I waited until the day after Thanksgiving which seems to be a tradition since moving into this old farm house. A woman from the neighborhood across the street stopped to tell me how nice and inviting our house looks with the Christmas lights up.
Ian helped me put the ornaments on the tree, we did this while Lola took her afternoon nap. The look on her face when she saw it was awesome! Her jaw dropped and when she gained control to speak she said "tree". Nothing gets past that girl.
Our little kitty Gabbi is something else. I forget what it's like to have a kitten in the house. This one has the energy of an entire litter wrapped up into one small kitten. I was in the kitchen when I saw some shenanigans going on in the living room. The tree was moving and sure enough there she was climbing up. She climbed the tree three times that day. The novelty of having a tree in the living room seems to have worn off as she hasn't climbed it since Friday evening.
Gabbi is crazy, she fits in well around here.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELA!!!!

1 comment:

The Daily Squink said...

Thanks Emilee!

Tell Lola for giving us such a warm welcome at school today. I forgot to mention that in my post...