Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Big Game

Lola and I traveled to Sylvania this weekend for the big Northview vs. Southview football game. Now, as most of you know, I'm not one for football however I am one for Sylvania. This is the town I grew up in and pretty much the greatest town ever. If you're from Sylvania you know that this is the biggest game of the year and EVERYONE is there! (which of course means that Lola and I had to be there as well)
It's hard for me to choose a team to cheer for since I graduated from Northview and worked at Southview. I just hope someone wins.
We went with Jenny and we met Sam and his daughter Kaitlyn there. Jenny & Sam are my very best friends from high school. Sam used to play for Northview.
#44 rules!
The game didn't start until 7:30 which is 1/2 hour past Lola's bedtime. I didn't know what to expect from her since she's rarely up past bedtime. She was a trooper and had SO MUCH fun watching all of the people since the entire population of Sylvania was present. She started getting fussy at halftime so we left shortly after.
Unfortunately for Northview they didn't win this year. That's because Sam is no longer on the team.
Click here for photos from the game, keeping in mind there are no photos of a football game at all.


The video above shows Mandy, her two kids and her husband sneaking candy (pure sugar) to my daughter. Argh - no more hanging out with Kenne, you've been BUSTED!

5 comments:

Lola's gigi said...

I loved seeing all the pictures of your trip to Sylvania...
Everyone looks great...
Kaitlyn and Makenna are darling
Kelsey is so cute, I'm so glad she survived you and Jenny's babysitting years.
Sarah and Olivia are as cute as ever.
Hank doesn't look like he's aged a day. Sopie misses him.

Julie said...

Great pictures! The football game looked like so much fun!

Jen and Justin said...

it was so great to see you and lola! and lola did fabulous holding up WAY past her bedtime! she was the cutest little Wildcat there :)

Jen and Justin said...

you forgot to get the kid that kept licking the stadium railing - yuck!!

Jen and Justin said...

omg every picture in your NV Game picasa album is so cute! and if nobody read the photo of the NV & SV game - read it, it's cracking me up!