Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Do the Amish fry food?

Lola and I had dinner with my friend from high school Jenny and her son Vince on Monday. We met at some Amish place. It turned out to be an old person restaurant but was awesome! The food wasn't awesome but the atmosphere was! The place is huge indoors and out and packed with all kinds of Amish treats. You know, wood stuff and cheese. And who doesn't love sitting on a rocking chair and eating cheese?

After dinner we went outside to the playground where the kids ignored the awesome play equipment and found the rocks! Rocks are so much cooler then swings and slides. Lola and Vince had so much fun playing together!

We didn't eat by candle light so I'm wondering how Amish this place really is? There was electricity and fried food. Do the Amish fry stuff?

Anyway, we're going back again soon and next time our husbands will be going because I know how much Aaron will appreciate old people food and an Amish buggy.
Click here for more photos of our visit with Vince!

3 comments:

Jenny G said...

All I know is that those were some bright candles hanging from the ceiling in that strictly Amish restaurant! My how far fire has come- it looks so similar to real electricity! Emilee, did you ever buy one of their aprons??? I think Aaron would like it!!

Lola's gigi said...

Darling pictures of Lola and Vince...
Vince has grown up so much since I've seen him!!

Jen and Justin said...

oh that was Amish country! i thought that was Jenny & Vince's means of transportation from Westchester to Bellbrooke ;)