Saturday, July 19, 2008

pre-toddler faker

Everyday before I pick Lola up from school I like to spy on her from the TV monitors in the lobby. She is always having a GREAT time playing with her friends and all of the awesome toys so I know she is having fun, I can see it with my very eyes. I slowly enter the classroom, I try to be quiet so that I can monitor her for a minute. I watch as she plays, laughs and keeps herself busy. Then she spots me. The fun times are now a thing of the past... she instantly gets herself into a little panic and tries to get to me as fast as she can because she has obviously had a terrible day. She looks at me as if to say "Oh Mommy, thank goodness you are here, this has been awful!" Sure faker, I'm not falling for it, two seconds ago you were having the time of your life with the plastic shopping cart and little baby doll.
Why does she do this?

Why am I still trying to figure her out?

Below you will witness the drama unfold.

3 comments:

The Daily Squink said...

When do our babies become official toddlers? I've been calling Rowan a toddler for awhile now, but maybe I'm being premature!

Jeff said...

Maybe Lola's crying with joy?

Lola's Grumpa said...

Emilee, I think maybe Lola just becomes overwhelmed because she is not expecting you, then, there you are. She's happy.