Thursday, May 29, 2008

The dude drops in!


After months of sweating it Ian finally dropped in on his ramp today! Yay Ian! Lola, Daddy and I were there to witness this huge event! Way to go Ian, we are so proud of you!!!!

In unrelated news Lola and I have been sick. We're on antibiotics so hopefully we'll snap out of it soon. We stayed home today to rest. Lola woke up at 6:30am, ate some toast, drank a bottle and fell back asleep at 7:00am. She slept until 12:20! This of course is total craziness. She obviously needed rest since she's been up at night coughing. I also needed the rest and slept when she slept. She seems to be feeling a lot better this afternoon and I'm feeling just so-so. I hope we'll be back in our regular routine tomorrow.

In closing here are a couple of photos of Lola on Memorial Day. She attended a Memorial Day service at the park where there was a gun salute in memory of our fallen soldiers. It didn't seem to bother Lola but made me jump!
Her GiGi sent this super cute and very patriotic dress.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Umm...I'm super jealous of Ian. When I was in high school and college, I used to hang with the skater crowd (I know, obvious since I married Ryan), and I always wanted to be able to do just an Ollie! You rock, dude!

Anonymous said...

IAN,
GOOD JOB. YOU ARE REALLY DOING WELL. MAKE A LEFT HAND TURN NEXT TIME.
EDD
LOLA CUTE AS EVER.
GRUMPA

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ian!!!
We know you have been working up to this for a long time!!
Can't wait to watch you do it next month..
Hope Lola and mom are feeling better..
Love, GiGi & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Another thing a kid can do better than me... ~J

Jen and Justin said...

love the patriotic dress!

Jen and Justin said...

Ian - that was awesome!

Holli said...

Oh Ian - Tucker can't wait to be able to do such a cool trick!
And Em - Lola looks JUST like you in the pic where she is clapping her hands -so cute!!!