Monday, April 28, 2008

first birthday proves to be eventful


It's official, as of 12:08 this afternoon Lola is a year old! Wahooo!
The morning started out great, Lola was in a wonderful mood and so happy to be a whole year old. She got dressed for school wearing a birthday t-shirt, jeans, new polka dot shoes and a cute hair clip. Off to school we went arriving with OUT the hair clip! Mild panic set in. After I dropped her off John and I went out to my car to search for the hair clip. We took apart the car seat and looked all over. Nothing. Aaron looked around the house and in the driveway. I was sure she had it in her hair when I belted her in this beautiful birthday morning.
I called the doctor who sent us off for x-rays. Still no sign of the hair clip, we have to wait for the radiologist to read the pictures but as far as the girls saw it wasn't showing up on the x-ray so hopefully she didn't swallow it and it's lurking in a good hiding place in the car. She was such a good girl showing the technicians "how big" she was so that they could capture good photos of her tummy.
Before we headed off for x-rays Lola had a super fun birthday celebration at school!
Click here for more photos

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emilee, someday you and Lola can share your hospital stories.
She had a hair clip, you had a button...
Love, Mom

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! What a crazy day! I hope that dang clip shows up!

Anonymous said...

Lola, after you drank half my water at school today, I went ahead and looked in my sippy cup for your hair clip, but it wasn't in there either! Mom says you probably threw it in the back of the car b/c that's what I do with my toys. Thanks for letting me spend your birthday with you. The cupcakes were yummy (even though you ate most of mine...) ha ha - Brody

The Daily Squink said...

Oh my gosh, Lola! You're getting to be as bad as Lily. If there's something missing around our house, we immediately blame her and wonder when the missing item will make an appearance, either on the carpet or in the yard.

I doubt Lola's constitution is quite as used to foreign objects as Lily's, though, so it was probably a good idea to get the x-ray...