Sunday, May 24, 2009

Shirley vs. Lola

Lola's fan base in Downers Grove has offered us a trade...
we take Shirley in exchange for Lola.

Pros:
*Shirley has permanent makeup
*Shirley doesn't go #2 in her pants
*It's free to take care of Shirley
*If we put her in the window she will scare away would be intruders
*Shirley won't wake us up in the middle of the night
*We don't have to worry about her getting hurt
*We can leave her home alone to guard the house
*She won't throw food on the floor
*She won't stick her tongue out at me

Cons:
*Shirley's hugs & kisses are too stiff
*She has a creepy look in her eye that says "I may kill you while you're sleeping"
*Everyday is a bad hair for Shirley
*She can't say "I love you Mommy"
*She won't stick her tongue out at me


I think we'll leave Shirley in Downers Grove and take Lola home because I'm pretty sure I'll miss being told "NO", changing poopy diapers and getting up in the middle of the night.

5 comments:

Lola's gigi said...

If Shirley can't say
"Come On GiGi Come On"...then I'm for keeping Lola...

Lola's Grandma said...

Shirley misses Lola and will sit in the rocking chair-patiently waiting for Lola's return...

The Daily Squink said...

That is one creepy doll. And you thought Baby Big Eyes was weird. (Shiver.)

Where did Lola learn to stick her tongue out? She'd better not teach that to my perfect little angel, Rowan.

FLPenguin said...

I had a three year old doll just like Shirley when I was young. She had much prettier hair, but otherwise, right on the money. Personally, Lola wins . . . .

Unknown said...

Rowan taught her how to do that. He taught all the kids at WFS.